Lots of different income streams - it's the way ahead!

I don't know about you but when I was growing up it was expected that you did as well as you could at school and maybe University and then got yourself a good job that paid you a good wage and that was your lot. In this day and age of uncertainty about the stability of peoples' jobs it seems that more and more people are finding themselves an alternative income stream. This serves two purposes, one to perhaps give you those extra luxuries, pay for family holidays, meals out etc or just to help you pay all the ever increasing bills, it also gives you that little bit of back up should anything go wrong with your main occupation.

Car boot sales seems to be one of the many ways people find of raising some extra cash in their spare time, in fact I was talking to a sales assistant in a large electrical store the other day who was telling me that he was growing tomato plants to sell for a pound a time at car boot sales - he has a friend who is doing very nicely out of it, he and his wife also decorate wedding cakes (if you're interested I know where he works)

If you have your own website which actually isn't that difficult to set up these days, you can get into a bit of affiliate marketing where you get money if someone buys things via a link on your website. I am also a Kleeneze distributor which means I get orders by posting catalogues through peoples' doors or by advertising online and I can increase that at any time I need to, I can even hold parties or raise money for charities, it's very flexible. Now to add to that a very good friend of mine manufactures plastic beer barrels, kegs and cask, and it sounds like a great way of exploring some of the thousands of microbreweries that are springing up around the country - I like a nice drop of beer and, if I can help in making more of it by supplying great barrels, I'll try my damnedest. You spend so much of your life working you may as well mix business with pleasure as much as you can. (I knew the valuable research I did at Leeds University and from then on into the many beers available would come in handy)